What is Homeless Connect?
Homeless Connect is an event that focuses on serving those who are homeless in Tuscaloosa.
Love In the Name of Christ, along with area churches, agencies, businesses, and volunteers come together to remove the barriers of homelessness.
On Saturday, January 26, our homeless Guests can receive any and all services provided, free of charge. The services range from legal, medical and dental assistance, vaccinations, prescriptions, eye exams and eye glasses, to resources for housing, education, employment and much more.
During last year’s event we were able to accomplish:
- 235: Guests attended
- 35+: Agencies rendered services
- 40+: Churches participated
- 64: Professionals volunteered their time and services
- over 300: Volunteers
- 168: Dental extractions
- 19: DMV
- 40: Identification
- 78: Legal support
- 48: Medicinal
- 74+: Prescriptions
- 480: Hair cuts
- 68: Eyeglasses fitted
- 41: Housing needs, 50+ have been housed since last year
Who is a GUEST?
- An individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
- An individual who resides in a car, park, abandoned building, bus or train station, airport, camping ground, shelter. Or one who resides in a hotel, motel, or transitional housing that is designated to provide temporary living arrangements.
- An individual or family living temporarily in a multi-family residence.
Be Our Guest
A day of connecting Tuscaloosa’s homeless individuals with area agencies, organizations, businesses, churches and volunteers, to provide services free of charge.
When: Saturday, January 26th, 2019. 8:00am-1:00pm
Where: First United Methodist, 800 Greensboro Ave, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Love In the Name of Christ Of Tuscaloosa County
- Legal advice
- Housing information
- Court-for minor offences
- Eye exams and glasses
- Medical exams
- Dental exams and services
- Veterans affairs
- Prescriptions (non-narcotic)
- Clothing and other supplies
- Employment opportunities
- Hair cuts
- Hygiene items
- Addiction counseling
- STD and HIV testing
- Lunch will be provided!
- And much more!
Volunteering is vital to the mission of Homeless Connect. Our volunteers are the loving connection between the homeless and the services provided.
Additionally, we ask all of our volunteers a small donation, but not required. For the cost of a nice meal, you will help provide resources to put the poor among us on a path to transformation. As a volunteer sponsor, you will receive a t-shirt to wear on the day of the event, and the joy of serving those most in need in our community. We invite you to be a part of Homeless Connect 2019 in our effort to end homelessness in Tuscaloosa County
Will take place the morning of event, by your team leader. Everyone will meet in the front by registration at 7:00 am